Sanyo VPC-PD2BK Review
Sanyo VPC-PD2BK is positioning itself as a dual camera capable of shooting 10 megapixel stills or 1080p (30 frames per second) HD video with stereo audio. Separate photo and video recording buttons allow images to be captured easily without changing modes. Also, you can capture still images while you’re shooting video at the same time by just pressing the shutter button.
The Sanyo VPC-PD2BK has a High Speed Sequential Shooting Mode usually found on more expensive or larger cameras. When this mode is selected, the camera will take multiple photos in sequential order; providing multiple photo frames. It can take up to 30 photos at 10 frames per second. You’ll be confident that you won’t miss that special shot!
Sanyo VPC-PD2BK is available on Amazon at a huge 39% discount off retail price and ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping! Click this link to take advantage of this great offer!
Video and Photo Quality
In bright light, the video quality is superb. The photos, on the other hand, have very good color, exposure, and sharpness.
The twin mics of Sanyo VPC-PD2BK do an excellent job of picking up audio. It can record the slightest sounds.
Sanyo VPC-PD2BK has a 3x Optical Zoom for photos. This may not sound much but if you compare it with other pocket camcorders that only offer “digital zoom”, the dramatic increase of the field of view is very evident. Remember, optical zoom is real zoom without loss of quality. Digital zoom, on the other hand, is worthless since any software can create that effect.
Here are the main features of Sanyo VPC-PD2BK:
- Large 2” TFT Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Monitor for HD Playback
- Sophisticated Image Stabilizer keeps the subject steady and easy to follow
- Embedded Software for Sharing Videos and Photos
- Windows 7 and iMovie Compatible
- Easy Playback of Recorded Video Directly on a Large Screen, Full 1080 HD Television via mini-HDMI output (mini HDMI cable sold separately)
- Direct USB connector for easy connection to a computer for uploading or recharging
- Compatible with SD, SDHC, or SDXC (up to 64GB) memory cards
- Includes a High-Capacity SANYO Brand Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery that delivers approximately 65 minutes of video record time and can provide up to 240 minutes of continuous playback
- Highly Advanced MPEG4 AVC/H.264 Video Compression
- 48KHz, 16 bit, AAC Stereo Sound with Built-In Stereo Microphone and Built-In Speaker
- Easily Transfer Video and Still Images to your Video Capable iPod
- Super-fast Start-up – you can begin shooting in as little as 1.7 seconds!
Sanyo VPC-PD2BK is one of the few models with optical zoom (3x) and is very easy to use. It takes very good video and photos in bright light. It has a very good LCD display. So if you’re looking for a portable HD recording device that easily fits into your pocket and is moderately priced then this is the pocket camcorder for you.
Here’s what some of the owners had to say about the Sanyo VPC-PD2BK:
Photos taken at 10MP are crisp and clear and video quality is exceptional for something this compact. It also provides a fairly powerful flash that’s proven useful both inside in well-lit areas and when shooting stills outside at night. This Sanyo model does almost everything I need and does them better. (T.D. Dennis)
I took this dual camera for a test run and I am so happy with all the results taken. The qualities are not only excellent but also more than I can dream of. Sanyo VPC-PD2BK is an exceptionally good quality dual camera and I would recommend it for non-sophisticated users. I give it a 5 stars. (KT 1972)